Instagram Stories can be difficult to repost. In this article, we’ll tell you how to fix the problem.
Reposting a story on Instagram allows you to share other people’s posts as if it were your own. It is possible to do this for photos and videos in which you have been mentioned or not, and in this article, we’ll show you two methods that will allow you to do that. In addition to providing you with tips on how to repost an Instagram story, we also have compiled a list of some amazing tips on how to spice up your Instagram stories.
Instagram: How to repost a story
The easiest method for reposting an Instagram story is the first one. You can repost someone’s photo or video into your Instagram story by following these steps.
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you wish to repost.
- You can also add a post to your story by clicking the Share icon right below the post.
This guide will show you how you can repost from a user’s profile that has disabled the option for sharing photos and videos. In any case, it is always a good idea to make sure you ask for permission before you share anyone’s Instagram post. With that being said, here are the steps you should take.
- Best Tips and Tricks to Master Instagram
- It is as simple as opening Instagram and selecting the photo or video you wish to repost as your story.
- Tap the three-dots icon on the top of the screen > select Copy Link > minimise the app.
- You can now visit ingramer.com.
- Once the site has been loaded, you will need to select the hamburger icon under Tools and from there you can select Instagram Downloader.
- The next step is to paste the copied link under Download photo or Download video, depending on the type of post you would like to share.
- Please hit Search and scroll down to download the post.
- Then once it is downloaded on your phone, just open Instagram > tap on the camera icon > select the photo or video that was downloaded.
- Firstly, it is wise to edit the photo according to your liking and once you are satisfied with it, tap Send to and click Share, right next to Your Story.
Here are two easy ways that you can use to repost someone else’s Instagram post into your own Instagram story.
Instagram: Creative tips to repost stories
Here are some amazing tips that will make your Instagram stories look cool and that you can easily follow to make them look even cooler.
1. Change background colour
Follow these steps if you want to change the background image of your Instagram story.
- In your Instagram story, hit the draw icon > choose the colour selector tool and you are ready to go.
- You can select one of the colours already available on the website, or you can pick your own by using the colour picker tool.
- Once you have selected your background color, all you have to do is tap and hold in an empty area around the post, and your background color will be changed.
2. Use custom fonts
Everyone uses the fonts available on Instagram, however we would like to tell you how to make custom fonts at home.
- You can add a GIF to your Instagram story when you are preparing your story by selecting the sticker icon.
- You can type collage alphabets in the search bar and collage letters in the search bar to get GIFs for English alphabets.
- Now, using each letter, you can create a word or a sentence, or you can use the letters to create a phrase.
3. Create drop shadows
Is it true that you could create your own drop shadows with the help of the fonts available on Instagram? Well, let us tell you how.
- To prepare your Instagram story, simply click on the text button and then choose the font that you want to use. The new post font, for instance.
- Now repeat the same steps in a different colour and write them in the same manner as before, however using another colour this time.
- The two texts should be layered on top of each other slightly off-centered so that you can see both texts at once, thereby creating the effect of a drop shadow.
4. Use GIFs
Adding a GIF to your post can add the needed zing. Learn how to use them.
- Prepare your Instagram story by tapping the sticker icon > selecting GIF from the drop down menu.
- Using a search engine, you can find any GIF by entering a keyword.
- Make use of your imagination to showcase your Instagram story to the fullest with the use of GIFs.
5. Add a glow
These steps will help you add a glow to your Instagram stories photos.
- To begin, you need to choose a photo from your gallery > prepare your Instagram story > tap the draw icon.
- You can choose your preferred colour by tapping the glow pen.
- You now need to draw zig-zag lines around your photo.
- Once you have finished, you will need to remove all the lines from the image using the eraser tool.
- As a result, when you are finished, you will see your photo with glowing streaks around it.