For each photo, you do not need to make a separate Instagram post. Instead, you can add up to ten photos from your Camera Roll (or Gallery if you have an Android smartphone) to a single post.
Each photo does not need its own Instagram post. Instead of uploading one image, you can upload ten pictures (or pictures from your Gallery if you use an Android phone).
Selecting multiple photos
Choose more than one photo to add to a post by following these steps:
- In the main Instagram feed screen, tap the + icon.
- Click the Library icon in the lower left corner.
- The viewer displays the most recent photo in your Camera Roll (or Gallery).
- Swipe through the thumbnails and tap on the first photo you want to add.
- Tap the multiple selection icon.
When the thumbnail is selected, it appears dim, with a blue number 1.
- Select another thumbnail.
- The photo appears in the viewer, and a number 2 appears next to the thumbnail. This number indicates the order in which your followers will see the photos in your post.
- Continue tapping thumbnails as necessary.
- Three photos are selected here. The numbers indicate the order in which the photos were selected.
- After selecting your photos, tap Next.
The Edit screen appears.
On the upper-right corner of the screen, tap Next to edit the photos.
Applying filters and adding photos
The Edit screen appears after selecting your photos and clicking Next. You can see the photo you’re editing at the top of the screen
Below the photo are various types of filters. You can view all the filters by swiping from right to left in the row. Tap the thumbnail image under the filter name to apply the filter to all photos in the group.
On the right side of the screen, you can see a portion of the next photo in your photo group. Swipe left to see the other photos. Add another photo to your post by swiping to the right, tapping on the + icon, and then selecting the picture from the Camera Roll.
Editing photos individually
Tap a photo in the row of photos to edit it. Your selected photo appears in the center of your screen. To do so, follow these steps:
- Add a filter: Swipe right to left in the filter row, and then tap the filter thumbnail image.
- Change the exposure and brightness levels at once: Select the Lux icon (half-light, half-dark sun) at the top of the screen.
- Perform other editing tasks: Select Edit to access the editing tools.
When you’re finished, tap Done in the upper-right corner.
Adding information and sharing your photos
If you are done editing your photos, tap Next in the upper-right corner.
A new post can be captioned, tagged, added to a location, shared on other social networks, and enabled or disabled for commenting.
You can share your photos after you’ve edited them. In the upper-right corner of the New Post screen, tap Share.