How to see who shared your Instagram story
If you’ve ever wondered who’s been watching your Instagram stories, there’s now an easy way to find out. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Open Instagram and go to your profile page.
2. Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on “Story Settings.”
4. Under “Who Can View My Story,” tap on “Everyone.”
5. Exit out of the menu and view one of your stories. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a list of people who have viewed it.
- The post you are interested in can be found by going to your profile and clicking on it.
- On the following page, click ‘View Insights’ next to your Instagram post.
- On the upper right-hand corner of the post, there are three dots that should be clicked on.
- In the bottom left corner, there will be an option to ‘View Story Reshares,’ click on that option.
Why can’t my friends share my story on Instagram?
Turn on the “Allow sharing” feature in Instagram
Most of the time, this is due to the fact that the original author of the story has not given their followers permission to share. You can mark it by going to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.
Can you tell if someone screenshots your Instagram story?
It is important to keep in mind that the original uploader won’t be notified if you capture a screenshot of an Instagram story.
What is an Instagram Story vs post?
An Instagram Story is a photo or video that is uploaded to Instagram that disappears after 24 hours. The posts are either photos or videos that you choose to keep on your profile for as long as you like.
Can You See Who Shared Your Instagram Story As a Message?
It’s not possible to see who shared your story in a direct message on Instagram.
If you’ve ever wondered who shared your Instagram story, there’s a quick and easy way to find out. Just open the story in Instagram and click on the three lines in the top left corner that say “Who Shared This?” The first two lines will list all of your followers who have shared the story with you, while the third line will list people who have shared it with you but are not followers. If you want to know who specifically shared it with you, hover your mouse over each person’s name and a pop-up box will appear with their username and their following count.