It is important to note that Instagram stores all of the activity of your account, including your search history. In case you find that your IG search history is quite annoying, you might want to know how to delete your Instagram search history.
Maintaining your privacy on Instagram can be achieved by deleting searches on the platform. The reason is that when you do this then you won’t be worried about other people seeing the search history associated with your Instagram account.
Although the search history on Instagram can sometimes be useful depending upon how many items you search for in a given time period. However, your history from Instagram searches appears in the search bar and could potentially compromise your privacy if you don’t delete it.
In order to give you an example, let us say, you open Instagram and a friend is watching you. He will also be able to see your Instagram search history. In order to avoid this problem, all you have to do is to clear the search history on Instagram.
The fact that you can delete the Instagram search history at any time and on a regular basis is quite trivial when you know that you can delete it at any time.
How To Clear Your Instagram Search History
In general, deleting Instagram search history is a relatively easy process. It takes less than five minutes for you to clear your search history on Instagram using any device, be that your Android phone, iPhone, or Windows PC.
IG search can be cleared by following these steps:
- The first step is to run the Instagram application.
- Then go to the profile page of your IG account.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, select the Settings menu.
- Choose the Privacy and Security option from the Settings menu.
- Then scroll down and tap the Delete Search History option.
- Tap the Delete Search History button in blue.
- Yes, I am sure to agree. Please select this option.
In addition, if you are using an iPhone, you can also delete Instagram search history directly from a search field in Instagram. There is an option for you to use this method if you find it easier to do than going to the settings.
The search field will show a list of your search history with a delete option in the right hand corner, below which you will see your search history. In order to delete your IG account’s search history, you can immediately tap the Delete button.
That’s quite easy, isn’t it? Since you now know how to delete Facebook search history on Instagram, you are able to delete your Facebook search history on Instagram at any time to safeguard your privacy.
How to Delete Search History on Instagram
Assuming that you are searching for something in the Instagram search field, surely you have already seen the results of your previous search, right? You may want to hide these search results from your Instagram page as well.
Here are a few steps to help you delete Instagram search suggestions by hiding them:
- You will need to run your Instagram application.
- Please enter your Instagram account’s username.
- Tap the IG search bar at the top of your screen to start searching.
- There will be results from previous searches that you will be able to see.
- By tapping on the X icon in the search result that you wish to hide, you can hide it.
- After that, a warning will appear asking you to select the OK option.
- This is done.
If you do this, you will no longer be able to see the search results because you have permanently hidden the search results from view.
Instagram Search History Cannot Be Deleted
In case you are still seeing your search history after performing the above procedure, there is nothing that you need to worry about. It is still possible to resolve this issue by making use of other methods.
Once you have restarted the device, make sure that the search history has been removed from Instagram by ensuring that you have restarted it. You may also try these methods if the search history is not removed from Instagram:
- Please restart your device.
- Take out your Instagram account.
- The Instagram application data and cache should be cleaned.
- The Instagram application should be reinstalled.
- You should update the Instagram app to the latest version.
- It’s done.
Is your IG application outdated? Here’s how to update the Instagram application
If you are still looking at your Instagram search history, make sure you have already downloaded the official Instagram application from the Play Store or App Store. Due to the number of fake Instagram apps that are out there, they have a lot of bugs.
In this case, it’s better to download the official Instagram application so that you don’t run into any problems.