There are many third-party collage-making apps available, although I used Layout from Instagram.
Start by downloading Layout on your iPhone or Android if you haven’t already, which brings us to step one:
1. Download the Layout app to your iPhone or Android in the app store.
2. Open Layout.
Layout should be kept up-to-date to avoid crashes.
3. Choose the photos that you want to include in the collage.
You can select an album to expedite finding the photos that you’d like for your collage.
4. Select the layout you want to use for your collage. When you select a template, you can change where the photos appear in the layout.
Drag and drop your selected pictures into the collage layout. If you want to change the photos or the layout, you will need to start from scratch.
5. Tap “Save” in the top-right corner when you are done.
The final collage picture post as it will be seen on my Instagram story.
You can then show multiple photos at once on your Instagram story instead of adding each photo individually. The collage will be saved to your camera roll.
However, you can also choose to let each photo stand on its own in your story if this is what you prefer:
How to add multiple photos to your Instagram story
1. Open Instagram and tap the camera icon in the top-left corner.
2. Touch the icon of your most recent photo in the bottom-left corner of your screen to access your camera roll.
3. You can select multiple photos by tapping the “SELECT MULTIPLE” button with the overlapping square icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Choose the photos you’d like to include in your story.
When uploading photos, I typically “Favorite” the ones I know I will use for content so I can easily find them in the “Favorites” folder.
4. Tap “Next,” then modify posts by tapping the icons in the bottom-left.
The number circled in blue indicates the order in which your photos will be posted on Instagram. To change their order of appearance, deselect and select them again.
5. Tap “Next” once more to share your post on “Your Story.”
As a result, your story will now post the photos back-to-back.